Ice!

Here's all the news that's fit to print from a USAP computer. Life in Antarctica, with (some) pictures. And it was fun fun, fun until her Daddy took the T-bird away

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stuff

I know, it's been too long since the last update. Sorry!
It felt like the week after T-day was about a year long. And this week has also taken its' own sweet time. But I did get a chance to take some more pictures around town:
http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/bheydemann/stuff/
And I've been kind of busy-I organized a Festival of Kites, to be held on Jan. 8th, so on Tuesday evenings I've been holding kite-building workshops for anyone who wants to fly. It's been loads of fun. And I'm working as librarian for 3 hours on Tuesday mornings as well. And the MidRats galley crew has taken up bowling on Thursday or Friday mornings- last time I cleared 88. The lanes here were installed in 1962 and haven been sanded since....
And my brother Josh sent me a pool cue of my very own for my birthday. THANKS JOSH!!! Playing with a cue that is straight and has its tip is a big change around here. It's helped immensely. So my time on the internet has been severely compromised, hence the lack of posts here.
Weather-wise the outlook is grim. It's been over 35F for the last two weeks-warmer than it's been in Chicago! That's just NOT FAIR. I come 10,000 miles to get some good weather and it warms up. GRRRRR. Some of the local roads have had to be closed-when you're driving on ice you don't want to hear the description "soupy" about surface conditions. BUT- if the sea-ice breaks out of the Sound then we'll have Penguins and lots of fat Seals hanging around, which would be nice.
The next regular sunset has been scheduled-in late January,around the 22nd, I believe, we'll have 3 hours of sunset. It will make a pleasant change. Around that time the cargo vessel with all of next years' supplies will be arriving-vessel offload is always a hectic time, but there's lots of new foodstuffs to play with.
I'm off to exercise the perogative of those with a night off, and take a nap.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

Just checkin' in.If you give me permission, I'd like to use your "Neutrino" picture on the Carbonfish blog? Whaddaya say? I'll make sure that you are conspicuously mentioned as the girl on the ice where they keep the used neutrinos.

E-mail me and let me know. Millions of my anxious readers would love to read the story I'll make up about the conspiracy and all...

Kent

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky! Did you fall through the ice??? Where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home