Ice!

Here's all the news that's fit to print from a USAP computer. Life in Antarctica, with (some) pictures. And it was fun fun, fun until her Daddy took the T-bird away

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

how to tell

For those of you who hang out with those of us who keep our noses in books-
The Reader’s Scale of Affection
If a Reader has just met you, he will ask what you’re reading.
If a Reader wants to continue the conversation, she will recommend a book or author.
If a Reader likes you, he will give you a book.
If a Reader really likes you she will give you a poem.
If a Reader is seriously interested he will write you a poem.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have read other comments - it's fun. I have been having some thoughts about recommending books to others because recently I have been surprised at myself. I don't gravitate to the books that have been recommended, or even lent me as quickly as I move towards those library books that I have chosen for myself. Of course, if I want to know the recommender better, then I am more interested in his or her choices. Becky has shown remarable ability to resist reading about 90% of my recommendations. Does that prove anything? Love, Mom

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger BeckyH said...

But you were the one who claimed I'd be all grown up when I stopped readin kid-lit! And I did read Empire Falls.
Becky

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Have you read Julie & Julia by Julie Powell or Garlic and Sappphires by Ruth Reichl. Just finished both and really enjoyed them, altho the Julie & Julia book is heavy on the f-word.

Holly from the CI Forum
www.felted-bags.com
www.heritagerecipes.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home