Ice!

Here's all the news that's fit to print from a USAP computer. Life in Antarctica, with (some) pictures. And it was fun fun, fun until her Daddy took the T-bird away

Monday, November 27, 2006

Well, it's about that time of the week again, so here I am. I now have a new job-on Tuesdays I get to the librarian from-10:30 in the mornings. It's a lot of fun- not many folks stop by and I can use the computer without anybody breathing down my neck as they wait for a chance. I expect to get some writing done in this time slot-Great American Novel, her I come! (just kidding)
It was some hectic week with all of Thanks giving to get through.
we made:
1,200 rolls
40 Pecan Pies
48 Pumpkin cheesecakes
24 flourless chocolate cakes
60 Apple pies
60 pumpkin pies
4 full sheets of marjolaine-which is three layers of walnut meringue filled with maple buttercream and orange buttercream and all enrobed in ganache.
There were also 60 loaves of walnut cranberry bread.
The rest of the usual suspects were there too- turkey, stuffing, mashed 'taters, Green bean casserole, etc, etc. I was too busy or too tired to even remember to get pictures. I'll try to snag some from Paul-the other midrats baker.
Otherwise, no big news.
It was my birthday last Tuesday (the 21st) and I got a stunning 2# of chocolates from Piron, which I just had to share. There were too many to eat all by myself. And lots of boxes with books in them arrived. Some I have donated to the library, some I'm reading first. Thanks! for all of the goodies. I some package mail waiting for me right now in the mail room-I wonder what it is?!
Here's hoping everyone had a happy healthy holiday-which includes at least three slices of dessert.
Becky

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

Glad you survived Turkey-day. Now get ready for Christmas.

Kent

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Becky -- here's a story posted by a reporter who ate T-Day Dinner with you all -- incase you haven't seen it.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15834019/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home