Ice!

Here's all the news that's fit to print from a USAP computer. Life in Antarctica, with (some) pictures. And it was fun fun, fun until her Daddy took the T-bird away

Sunday, October 08, 2006

the wheels on the bus

Or rather the tracks on the van. Here's a link to a bunch of ways to get around town. Yes, it's a new place, but Yahoo ugraded its photo service so well tha I can no longer manage to upload new photos to it and have had to change over to photobucket. We'll see how this works out.
Most of the new population has arrived. It feels somewhat like an invasion-many of these folks have been down before and will squeal and giggle when they see old friends if female, or bellow and bang each other around, if male. I have a new roommate, after having a week alone. Alas, I was unable to bribe the housing office to assing me an imaginary roommate, although I offered various enticements-extra cookies on cookie day, favorite desserts, fresh bread to take home, etc. Should have brought out the naked dancing boys.....
We did get one of the new bakers in, which is great as Christy will be leaving us tomorrow. She has begun wandering around with the silly grin-for weeks she's been acting like leaving was the furthest thing from her mind. Another baker and an extern from Johnson and Wales-the "other" big culinary school (I'm a CIA grad myself) are due in later this week-we hope. With the increase in numbers we could really use them!
The weight-lifting contiunes. I have once again increased my free weights, and am up in number of reps as well. Have managed to shed almost 10 pounds already, without worry about what I eat. But-I rarely eat dessert, and my daily chocolate intake is rationed because stocks of recreational chocolate (as opposed to the stuff we bake with) are quite limited. I try to avoid buying chips-the salty snacks are my downfall.
The days are almost continuous now- just a brief period of dim twilight in a lucious violet shade, then it starts to brighten up again. I won't be seeing any actual stars for months now. It is strange to walk out of a dark bar into the glare, but soon it will feel normal. Let's all try out the link to the new photos now....
http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/bheydemann/MacTown%20moves/
B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home